Monday, September 21, 2009

Friday Night Lights



Well.... Blaine had his first Varsity football game this last week. It was an out of town game, so we loaded up the "littles", put the dvd player in the car so B could watch "Cars" and off we went. Almost 2 hours away, in the rain.

We got there, pulled into the stadium parking lot and B starts yelling "football, football, I want to watch football". It was precious! The baby had never been to a football game until coming to live with us. He doesn't really watch the games, but he obviously loves going! And I am so glad!

So we get in the stadium about the time the Varsity guys come out. They have the big "bulldog" head blow up thingy that they fill up with smoke and the guys run out. It was about that time that I got teary eyed. My BABY'S first Varsity game! The sounds of the band, seeing the drill team, the cheerleaders. I just got all sentimental.

Blaine didn't get to play much, which is to be expected for his first Varsity game. But he did get to play 6 or 7 plays, and did great. The last play of the game, he smeared the guy with the ball and I was so proud! :0)

We did our photo shoot, and headed back home. We didn't get home until after midnight. Blaine didn't get home until after 1:00. But it sure was fun!!!!


Blaine trying to look "mean".... he just looks like a teenager with a 'tude! :0)

2 comments:

  1. Love the bulldog head! I cant wait for when my boys are playing for school instead of the local pee wee league...if they want to that is.

    Ill be doing my own football post soon too. L got to wear his jersey to school today, along with the other boys on the team, since tonight is a game night. So cute.

    ReplyDelete