It has been an extremely busy but fun weekend!
I don't even remember what we did Friday night... isn't that sad!
Saturday was a full day. We had both boys' football physicals, a follow up vet appt for Faith, a follow up eye appt for Blaine, a soccer game, drama rehearsal at 2, drama musical at 7 and a drama after party at 9. I don't think my butt hit a chair until the play that night. Let me just say Princess Ruffle Bottom is a trooper!!!!! She just goes with the flow, sat through the musical intrigued by the lights overhead, and dozed a little bit.
In the middle of all of this stuff to do on Saturday, Robert decided he needed to mow the lawn because it might rain. Brotherrrrrrrrr..... Really? Mow, weedeat and edge the yard when we have a zillion things to do? Do you need to organize the garage too? :-)
Sunday, I got to sleep in. And I needed it! I got up and made pancakes for the guys and we got ready and went to a redneck crawfish boil. Princess Ruffle Bottom was the hit of the party! She was so good too, she only got upset once when she looked up, someone new was holding her and she got this huge pouty face... Robert moved so she could see him and you could just see the relief in her eyes. Yea, she is getting to the age where she knows us from strangers. Awwwww! She was so cute too.... she wore a camo dress with "princess" in rhinestones on it. I figure when in redneck country, do as the redneckians do! I had to dress it up with a pink bow though... we don't have a camo bow for her yet! She was just adorable. I wish I could post pics of her!
Then today, Monday, the boys were supposed to go to school. I must admit, I am a bad Mom. I had a huge problem with them going to school on a holiday, and a day we were off from work. So I let them stay home. Blaine went swimming with a friend. Robert went in and worked a few hours and came home. Then we took Garrett and Princess Ruffle Bottom to the movies, to the candy store to get some chocolate/fudge/candy and then out to dinner. We went and saw Night at the Museum. It was really cute! I normally fall asleep in kids movies, but this one kept my interest. That and Princess poopie pants making a HUGE poop during the movie. Ewwww it was nasty! :-) She did good in the movie though, she is FASCINATED with tv, so she just watched the movie, dozed a little, ate and watched the movie some more. I covered her ears the whole time, because the movies are so loud.
So tomorrow is back to work. Wahhhh! I have really enjoyed the long weekend and am so thankful to have a family and kids that keep me busy. Life would be so boring without them.
So.... I can't close without paying my respects to the many men and women in the military, the ones that have fought and lost their lives, the ones continuing to fight, and the ones that serve our country so that we can have the freedom that we have.
I also want to pay my respects to the loved ones that are no longer with us. I know Memorial day is about the troops, but I also think about the ones that I miss so much..... my Grandma Wilson, my Grandma Brown, my Pappaw Brown, Uncle Bob, Uncle Jimmy..... I miss you all so much and can't wait to see you on the other side one day.
FIVE THINGS I AM THANKFUL FOR:
1. The men and women that fight for our country, the men and women that have lost their lives fighting for our country, fighting for our freedom.
2. Kids that keep me oh so busy... I get stressed sometimes but without them, my life would be so boring. So I am thankful I have them to keep me busy.
3. An extra day off work... it was so needed and so appreciated! Now I don't want to go back!
4. Air conditioning!
5. God's many many blessings.... from the sunshine, to the flowers, to the kids he has blessed me with, to the Hubby he has blessed me with, to the family I have, to the friends I have.... I am so blessed and so thankful!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I can't believe that your kids had school on Mem Day - we were off! Boo to TX schools - I would have kept them home too ;) Glad you guys had a good weekend!
ReplyDelete