Man, am I old... I can NOT believe another year has come and gone.... the older I get, the faster it goes.
2008 has been an interesting year, to say the least. The economy, gas prices, the election, government bailouts.... Despite all that, it has still been a good year. And I wanted to reflect on the year today in my blog.
The first most memorable thing I can think of, was having Troy and Tori live with us for a little while. For 9 days, I was the mother to FOUR kids! Never in my wildest dreams would I have EVER thought I could say that. When they came, I was the happiest woman in the world. And when they left, I was the saddest. But having them here made me realize that I CAN handle the highs and lows of fostering. And I am thankful for the time they were here.
The second most memorable thing I can think of, was officially being the mom of TWO TEENAGERS. Yikes! How did that happen? Just yesterday Garrett was a fat rolly polly baby, then a toddler following his big brother around calling him "bubby" and now he is a TEENAGER! My BABY turned 13 this year!
The third most memorable thing I can think of, was Blaine turning 16 and getting his license. Thus leading to his first wreck a month later. And with that came typical high school drama. Man am I glad I am out of high school and all the crap that goes with being in high school. Now I have to see my children live through those things. And I HATE it! Blaine had his first date, his first broken heart, his first fist fight, numerous "sweet 16" parties.... it's been interesting to say the least.
Robert got a motorcycle in June. For many years I have been dead set against him getting a motorcycle. I finally caved and he got one. Little did I know how much I would enjoy going for rides with him!
I lost my 13 year old Dakota (Blue Heeler) in July. And I lost a dear friend this month, RIP Amy.
Garrett was in a play this month. You know, I think back to Garrett when he was little. He could not enunciate anything, was in speech therapy and occupational therapy and I wondered what his future would hold. Never ever would I have imagined then, that he would be on stage reciting lines, acting and doing a FANTABULOUS job at it too. I had tears in my eyes watching that young man on stage, just so proud of how far he has come.
And we switched our license over from straight adopt to foster/adopt. Just waiting for the phone to ring for a placement.
2008 was a year full of football, football camps, breakdance lessons, caseworker visits, training classes, drama rehearsals. It was a busy year to say the least, the busiest that I can remember....but a great one just the same.
For 2009, I hope to be able to take a family vacation (somewhere NICE), I hope to meet my new daughter, I hope to read more, I hope to grow closer to God, I hope to be a good wife and mom, I hope to spend more time with my mom, I hope to continue to be blessed with all the things that God has blessed me with thus far.
FIVE THINGS I'M THANKFUL FOR:
1. Happy, healthy, smart, caring kids!
2. My Husband!
3. A busy great 2008!
4. My furbabies!
5. Diet coke and Starbuck's coffee to feed my caffeine addiction!
Well, that is all for now..... I have to go supervise 3 boys demolishing gingerbread houses out in the yard. I absolutely LOVE my life!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I hope you have a fantastic new year!!!! I know that phone is going to ring soon. :)
ReplyDelete2009 is going to bring amazing blessings to you Sharon...
ReplyDeleteMany many blessings for 2009!
ReplyDelete