Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Nothing exciting (as usual)

Well, I haven't blogged in a while. And my friend Erin is making me feel bad, so I figured I'd share some of my latest.

I am happy to say the new owner of the rat terrier (Garrett named him Killer), is so happy with him. He slept with the new owner the first night he was home. So I think it is going to work out.

Garrett was able to take his boot off this weekend. He had just got new shoes before he broke his foot. So he is now wearing one BRAND NEW shoe and one dirty muddy shoe. It is quite comical. I guess if I was a good Mom, I'd wash his shoes for him. But come on, he's THIRTEEN... if he doesn't care, should I?

So today he had a track meet. Keep in mind yesterday was his first day back without the boot. And they asked him to run the mile in the track meet. WHAAAAA????? So, I reluctantly let him go. I have to wrap his foot everyday and I figured running a mile would be better than kicking a soccer ball at soccer practice tonight. So he goes to the meet. And they decide he shouldn't run. Brotherrrrr! So the poor kid was out past 9:00, in the cold in shorts (I TOLD him to wear pants today!), hadn't eaten since lunch at school (and if you have teenage boys, you know that is DEVESTATING!). After 9:00 I texted him to see where he was..... His response? "By a bunch of trees". I kid you not, that was his answer. Yup, that's MY kid. God love 'em.

I go to tell him good night when he went to bed and I hear Blaine on the phone giving a girl friend of his (not a girlfriend but a friend that is a girl), advice on handling parents, why they do what they do, and on not letting little things bug her so much. BROTHERRRRRR... is he listening to himself? Really!? So.... I got a huge kick out of standing outside the door evesdropping. Yea, I know, I'm a mean Mom. And Grace (my shadow that follows me everywhere) is standing in the hall with me, sniffing under his door the whole time... scratching on the door. Dang Grace, quit it, you are going to get us busted! :-) Luckily Blaine couldn't hear the commotion at the door over his lips flapping giving advice on how to not be so hormonal. A lesson he needs to learn himself! haha

Tomorrow is April Fool's Day. We ALWAYS do something to my poor Boss on April Fool's Day. (yea, I know, I need to grow up.... but it is so much fun!) He made a very nice warning yesterday that April Fool's Day is also on PAYDAY. wink wink So if we wanted our paychecks, we better not be playing any jokes on him on payday. So me, being the smartass that I am, played mine today. :-) Now I hope I get my check! I sure need it!

We may be getting a foster placement soon. It sounds promising, so keep your fingers crossed and say prayers for us! I am hoping to know more tomorrow. Now, if I have to take time off from work, my Boss is going to think it's an April Fool's joke!

Well, that's about it. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have some good news to blog about.

FIVE THINGS I AM THANKFUL FOR:
1. Being a Mom. It is a gift from God and I am so thankful he has trusted me to raise His children.
2. A Boss that has a sense of humor.
3. Friends. The ones you can gripe to, cry with, laugh with....
4. A fabulous dinner at my Mom and Dad's this weekend with my brother and his girlfriend.
5. A good nights sleep.... I desperately need one!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post - it cracks me up thinking about Garrett and his shoes!!! :) I love Blaine giving other people advice...I bet V does the same thing with her friends. HAHA!

    PS - I didn't meant to make you feel bad. Just needed an update! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin's making me guilty too! I don't know what to blog about though. I'm kinda in a bad mood lately. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome and it only took me days to get here!!

    ReplyDelete