Thursday, March 5, 2009

Phewwww

Well, the respite boys went home last night. phewwww, it has been a crazy week! The boys were so good, it was just pretty chaotic. It is hard when you live out of a bag and don't know how long you are staying. And the hardest part was getting everyone ready, out the door on time and carpooling by myself.

The last day they were here, this is how our morning went. I forgot to give one his medication, so I had to take it to him at the bus stop. Blaine forgot he had "jeans" day at school so he had to come home to change. We couldn't find the youngest one's belt (still haven't found it....). Dropped Garrett and carpool kiddo off at school and realized he didn't have his belt on, had to go home and get it so he didn't get a detention (yesssss, they give detentions for non-compliance of dress code). AND, I forgot my cell phone, so I had to go home and get it (adoption stuff, can't be w/o cell phone!).

So, with all that going on, we were selected as the family for a little 3 year old boy. He is absolutely adorable. Brown curly hair and the biggest blue eyes you've ever seen. But, we had to turn down the placement. I am not happy about it.... it is so hard to say no when you have wanted something so long. This makes the second child we have had to turn down, and it is a horribly tough thing to do.

And there is a little girl we are being considered for. We may (hopefully) be doing respite for her so we can form a relationship/bond with her. Waiting to hear back from the caseworker on that....

FIVE THINGS I AM THANKFUL FOR:
1. Quiet... PEACE AND QUIET.... those times where God gives you direction when you need it the most.
2. Spring! I spent an hour and a half pulling weeds and cleaning my flower bed out back this evening. Gardening, it is therapy from God.
3. My Mammaw's blanket. Days like I had yesterday, I want nothing more than to be wrapped up in that blanket...
4. The kiss on the forehead that Garrett gave me tonight.
5. My front load washer... having 6 to wash for this week, couldn't imagine not having it!

1 comment:

  1. I can completely understand the quiet...V went outside to play with her neighbor buddy this afternoon, the dogs were out in the yard, and it was just silent. I just sat and enjoyed the quiet for a minute. It was so nice!

    I am praying for you guys. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete