Friday was the consignment sale.
Saturday, I got up and cleaned for a couple hours then off to a make-up soccer game that we didn't know about until Friday at 9 pm. After soccer game, went home and took a quick nap, then took the boys and one of Garrett's friends to the concert. We went to see Saving Abel, Seether and Nickelback. It rained on us, it hailed on us. But that worked to our advantage. The boys LOVE Seether, and when it started raining and hailing everyone started leaving. Even the guards to the front seat sections. ;-) So... we moved up out of the lawn section to the seat section for all of Seether. The boys had a BLAST! And so did I! We had to move back to the wet muddy lawn section for Nickelback, but that was ok.
Sunday, got up and went to Church. WONDERFUL Easter service! Then to the grocery store, home to cook stuff for Easter dinner at my Mom's and immediately out the door to Mom's. We had a BLAST! The boys colored Easter eggs (and did it with a smile!), and then hunted the eggs with my brother and his girlfriend. We had a great time! Then off to Sabrina's to get the crib and changing table she is letting us borrow.
Phew.... I had to go back to work today to get some rest!
Today at lunch I went to 4 (yes FOUR) stores trying to find a diaper bag I like that doesn't cost $80-$400! STILL haven't found one I can live with. It shouldn't be this hard! And diaper bags SHOULDN'T be this expensive!
Tonight I got home and Robert had put the crib together already (Thank God!!!). He is getting excited about this. He texted me like 5 times today to see if I had heard the final word. Like I wouldn't tell him????? :-) So, I have busted my hump getting the room ready. We didn't have any idea what age child we would be placed with, so we had stuff from newborn to school age in there. Tonight, I bleached the crib and changing table down, got all the older kid toys/clothes/stuff out of the room, organized the closet by size, cleaned out the dresser drawers (was storage) and got the dresser drawers organized, hung pictures, made a bow holder for the bows I bought..... yea, I think that about covers it. The room is 98% ready for Friday. The only things I need are 1. a crib mattress (getting that tomorrow at Wally World) and 2. THE BABY! :-)
So yea, I am TOTALLY nesting! And I am TOTALLY worn out. So I am off to bed.....
FIVE THINGS I AM THANKFUL FOR:
1. Energy.... (or adrenaline whatever it is that is helping me get all this stuff done)
2. My Hubby putting the crib together before I got home.
3. My bed... it is soooooooooo calling my name... yawnnnnn.
4. A WONDERFUL Easter with my family.
5. God.... his forgiveness, his grace, his wisdom and his answering prayers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That is awesome Sharon! It sounds like you are busy, and you will only get busier! Im am so excited for you, I know you keep hearing that, but its so true, so many of us have been pulling for you for so long...its about time!
ReplyDeleteI am so so so so excited for you - I can't wait to hear more! I wish I was closer so I could come and help :)
ReplyDelete