Well, everyone has been asking how the boys are doing with the baby, so I thought I'd take a minute to update.
The first few days the boys HID in their rooms. They just wanted to "stay out of the way". I was missing them tremendously and had to have a talk with them that just because we have a baby in the house, we are all still ONE family. Don't hide in your rooms because there is a baby here. Come out and be a part of the family. Ever since then, they have been much more visible. But them hiding out wasn't all bad.... they actually got along and were enjoying each other. So it was nice to hear them getting along, laughing and being nice brothers. :-)
Blaine is still TERRIFIED of baby. He swears she doesn't like him. He has held her a few times and talks to her, but he just isn't comfortable with the baby yet. I hope it stays that way.... kids his age are HAVING babies.
He and I ran errands last night. I took him to Game Stop to get a game. In exchange, he went in WalMart for me and got some new nipples for the baby's bottles. He came out all red in the face. He said the checker asked him "how old is he?" Blaine says "what?". The checker says "your baby, how old is he?". Blaine said "oh it's not mine". The checker says "ahhh, I get it". He was MORTIFIED. Me, being the mean Mom that I am, thought it was hilarious. :-)
Garrett is doing great with the baby. He holds her, talks to her, offers to help when she's fussy, he opens the car door for me when I have her in her carseat carrier. I always knew he'd be a great big brother. Seeing him play the role of big brother is so sweet.
Robert... well, he was like a new dad the first day or so (acting like he didn't know what to do, etc.). Now, he is doing great... it is funny to see a grown man sing songs to a little baby, make up his own lullabies. Makes a girl fall in love all over again.
After she got her shots, she was real fussy. And it didn't stop. I was starting to think she was getting spoiled. :-) When we fed her, her bottles were leaking and I decided we needed to get her new nipples. Well.... she is a different child now! The nipples I was using were for older kids (discovered that after purchasing a whole new set), so she was getting her formula too fast, not getting enough and she was hungry. Using the right nipples has made all the difference in the world. She is back to 4 oz. a feeding, every 4 hours (instead of 5 oz. every 3 hours). Most of the formula was just draining out of her mouth. Rocket science I tell ya'.
Well, it's time to feed baby. And off to enjoy my last day off work. :-(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I am so glad it is going well, i have been wondering!!!!!!! prayers coming at you my friend.
ReplyDeleteOnly a week? Can you take any more time? I would be enjoying that last day too!!! The boys sound like such sweeties. ;)
ReplyDeleteI love the 'nipples at WalMart' story...priceless! ;o)
ReplyDeletePoor Blaine...too funny. Enjoy your time off with baby!!
ReplyDeleteThey well-wishers will never quite asking how the boys like having a sister just ask Nathan and Brenden years after getting four new sisters! LOL. Hope you part for work easily enough new mama :D
ReplyDeleteAli
www.HeartMom.com