Saturday, April 18, 2009

what a birthday!

I think today has been the best birthday by far. Not just because of Baby Girl. It has just been a fantabulous day!

Baby Girl had a rough night last night. She got up 4 or 5 times. Her nose was stuffy and she wanted to sleep on her tummy. So I ended up sleeping with her on my chest in the recliner. So Robert gets up this morning, comes out yawning after sleeping all night. (rolling my eyes right now) He says "I haven't slept that good in years.... I didn't hear her all night, did she get up?" I just looked at him with that look of "I'd like to smack you right now". So he took over for a while so I could get a solid hours sleep. :-) Gawd, I love this man!!!!!

Robert invited his family over for my bday, and wanted to surprise them with the baby. He had to take Garrett for soccer pictures, so I got to clean house for my own birthday party for his family. Yippeeee! haha But he DID get the cake himself, got the ice cream himself and remembered to buy paper plates.... so I'm not complaining too much! :-)

So, they came over, ooohed and ahhhhed over Baby Girl. Then my friend, Sabrina and her kids came over to meet Baby Girl. When they left, we went out to eat for my birthday.

We went to eat mexican food. Didn't want to travel too far with the baby, not sure how she would do, etc. So it was us five and my nephew Jordan. We were all sitting there eating and Blaine gets up and goes to the karaoke guy. Blaine starts singing Happy Birthday to me in front of the entire restaurant. I was in tears. It was the SWEETEST, most precious thing this kid has done for me. He could have flung poo on me after that and I would still be proud!

Both boys have been so sweet today (even to each other!!!!!). They have been so helpful with the baby. They are really enjoying her. Robert (as always) made the day super special. My friends and family made the day super special.

I am the MOST blessed woman in the entire world. Thank you God!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Awww...what a great birthday! I'm so glad it was so special :)

    ReplyDelete