Thursday, April 9, 2009

Carseat heaven

I am in CARSEAT HEAVEN!!!!!!! I went to TJ Maxx on my lunch break today and found a carseat that I liked. I started to put it in layaway, but didn't for some reason. I REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted a Britax carseat, but they are soooooooo expensive.

Tonight I was on the 'puter and hopped on to Craig's List before I started working on the princess room and what did I find???? Yup, a Britax carseat, the next town over for a STEAL. I contacted the lady and in a matter of minutes I was on my way to get the carseat of my dreams. In my pajamas and all! Robert went with me and I chatted and giggled and blabbed about this carseat the whole way there. He is STILL rolling his eyes at me.

The lady was so sweet. She showed me EVERYTHING about the carseat and even told me about Costco's diapers (we just had a Costco open up here this week). She was heaven sent, I tell ya'!
Another thing heaven sent.... my Mom brought me some birthday money today to spend at the sale tomorrow. The carseat cost EXACTLY what my Mom gave me for my bday! And it is $40 cheaper than the one I found today at TJ Maxx. I'd like to think of that as divine intervention! I know, it isn't turning water to wine... but in my eyes a miracle just the same!

So now I am just giggling with glee at my new carseat find. This is the Cadillac of carseats in my opinion. And I'm so tickled about it.... I have to share a pic!


So tomorrow, we hit the consignment sale in Tyler. I can not WAIT. I have my list ready. I have almost everything imaginable, but there are still a few things I'd like to get. My co-workers/friends and I didn't get much work done today.... we were too busy making my list and checking it twice. I hope tomorrow I have some neat stuff to show you on the blog. :-)
FIVE THINGS I AM THANKFUL FOR:
1. Miracles... no matter how big or how small, they are all appreciated.
2. I got my carseat I WANTED.
3. The sweet lady I met on Craig's List today.
4. A long weekend.
5. A slow day at work where we could giggle, laugh, and dream while making my list of the things I need.

1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome - and it is sooooo cute! :) Tim would have laughed at me too, so don't fuss at Robert. It's a guy thing!

    Costco diapers are actually Huggies' repackaged as their brand - most of Costco brand is actually a normal name brand but they repackage it. Cool, huh? :)

    ReplyDelete