Thursday, April 16, 2009

Bible study story

OK, so I have a few minutes to type about what happened at bible study last night. It was so powerful to me, I HAVE to share!
So I joined this bible study a little over a month ago, and I love it. One of the first nights I was there, a lady talked about a situation in her life. She works for a daycare and one of her employees found out she was pregnant. She wanted to have an abortion. So prayers were lifted for this girl and for this baby in her womb, that God protect this child. She went to the Dr. and found out she was 6 months pregnant, and couldn't have an abortion. Thank you God! So she was looking into adoption. I wanted to jump across that room and cram my information in her hand to pass along to this girl. I felt myself jump in my chair! But I refrained. I thought about it all night, and went home and prayed about it. I woke up the next morning with this AMAZING peace about the situation. I didn't feel led to approach her about the adoption, but I felt led to pray for her and I have ever since that day.

Fast forward a few weeks. Last night I was at bible study. I gave my praise about our adoption situation. The lady that leads the bible study was in tears, and so was I. Absolute tears of joy, gratitude, gratefulness and appreciation for the gift that God is blessing us with. I look around the room and many of the ladies are teary eyed. But there is this one girl sobbing. I realized that I knew her (well know OF her through a friend of mine, it is her sister in law). So I say to myself I need to go talk to her after bible study.

This precious young lady has struggled with infertility for a while. I didn't know she was trying to adopt, but it got brought up later in bible study. I was asked to pray over her and gladly accepted. I know her pain, I know her struggles, I have walked in her shoes. But, I have been blessed with two beautiful sons, so I imagine her pain and struggle is greater than mine. She is a sweet young lady and I truly feel in my heart that God has a child picked out for her.

So, over the course of the night it was brought up that she is trying to adopt this baby. I was overcome with chills. Overcome with emotion KNOWING why God gave me such peace about that situation. This baby wasn't for me, it is someone else's. God had plans for me in the works, he has my baby picked out for me. And this absolutely precious young lady just might be the one that is able to adopt the baby that we had talked about several weeks before.

This post may not be for anyone but myself but WHAT A CONFIRMATION of faith, of listening to Him, of God's greatness and God's plan. I just sat there in awe of my Heavenly Father last night.

So after bible study this young lady and I talked for quite a while. She HAS a baby coming to her, I can feel it. God is working on getting that child to her, I know it. I just pray that it is this baby that should be here in the next couple months.

If you have a moment after reading this, and feel compelled to do so.... I ask that you please pray for Michael and Sarah, for this birth mom and for this baby.

FIVE THINGS I AM THANKFUL FOR:
1. Miracles.... God given miracles.
2. Support of my friends and family. For everyone reading this that has been there through my pain, my sadness, my entire roller coaster ride that is adoption.... I THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!
3. Sleep... I won't be getting any for the next few years! :-)
4. Laughter
5. God's grace.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you Sharon! This made the flood gates open. I can't stop crying! I do believe this is their baby! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharron I feel God's presence in this... that was such an heart felt post. I know that he has a plan for everyone but to see him work before our very eyes is simply amazing. He brought both of us together to that bible study to show us his work. I know we will become very good friends & hopefully soon have one very special thing in common.... Adoptive MOMS!!! You are an amazing woman of God!! I'm blessed to of met you!!! I cant wait to meet your baby girl....

    Sarah :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, you brought tears to my eyes!!!! I am soooooooooo praying for you guys over here! Please keep me updated! I hope you don't mind me blogging about your situation.... it was just such a powerful moment, I HAD to share.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers for everyone. Praise GOD, He is doing His work. What wonderful blessings he rains down on us.

    ReplyDelete