Tuesday, January 20, 2009

just my rambling about the inauguration

I didn't get to watch most of the inauguration because I was at work. But I did catch the end of it. I have to say, I got a little teary eyed watching Bush fly away today. I will be the first to say, I am not very smart when it comes to politics(unlike my friend Mel, she ROCKS when it comes to politics!). But watching him fly over the horizon onto a new chapter in his life, I had tears welling up in my eyes. I don't agree with a lot that Bush has done as President. But I DO believe he did the best he could, and made the decisions he thought were right. He made some tough decisions, and faced a lot of adversity during his terms as President. And it was a bittersweet day for me to see him go. And I wonder.... did Mrs. Bush get on that helicopter and kick her shoes off and sigh a HUGE sigh of relief? I picture them sitting on the helicopter looking at each other, not saying a word like old married couples do, and smiling, both a little relieved this chapter in their life is complete.

Now we move on to a new chapter. Let me just say, I am not an Obama fan. I think he is a good speaker and has a lovely family, but that is about all I am impressed with. I hope he proves me wrong.... President Obama has his work cut out for him, and I wish him the best. Our country needs a lot of help, and I just pray that he is the one to start the process to change our country for the better. I don't think one President can fix our country, but it has to start somewhere. We didn't get in this condition overnight and it won't be fixed overnight.

I ask that each of you reading this... I ask that you pray for our country and for our President every single day. Obama has his work cut out for him, and I pray for his guidance, strength and wisdom as he leads our country from this day forward.

FIVE THINGS I AM THANKFUL FOR:
1. Coupons! I have saved $95 since Friday in coupons.
2. That my boss let us off work early yesterday.
3. That Blaine is finding a social life and staying busy with school activities and church.
4. That Garrett MIGHT have all A's and B's on his report card (still waiting on one class grade before we know for sure).
5. That Erin got her snow day she wanted!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the compliment Ms. Sharon!!! You are awesome with your call to prayer for our leaders, not just on the National level either. Love love love your list, and i am glad Erin and Kim both got the snow day they wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Blaine - hoping that Garrett made it on his report card - I bet he did! :) I want to know where you get your coupons - that is awesome! :) Thanks for mentioning me in your list - my snow day was soooo nice!

    ReplyDelete