Friday, January 30, 2009

Welcome to Sharon's zoo

Welcome to Sharon's zoo of misfit shelter dogs..... that should be my blog title.

Last night was an eventful night as far as our dogs go. It all started with Zeus. He did something yesterday (pulled a muscle, stomach pain, SOMETHING) and started this horrific ear piercing screeching noise all of a sudden. You would have thought someone killed this poor dog. We all searched and none of us can find what is wrong with him. He is in pain, after doing research on the net, I am thinking he is having back pain. I gave him some little dog muscle relaxers and hoped I could get a good nights rest. NOT! That dog screeched and yelped allllll night long. I actually SLEPT from 3am to 5am, that is the longest he went without screeching. Bless his heart. In the middle of all that, Faith started his dry heaving coughing thing. Faith has horrible allergies and gets like this every once in a while. Immediately followed by Pixie making yacking noises. She is a breeder rescue and INHALES her food, resulting in this not so pleasant yacking sound when she is inhaling a whole piece of food. And I look over at Grace and she has scratched her eye on something (probably hiding from Zeus's blood curdling screams) and her eye is all watery and gooky. And all night, the 3 other dogs hid because they were terrified of what Zeus was doing.

Remind me again why I have FOUR DOGS? Oh yea, cuz I'm the crazy dog lady!!!!

We have kept Zeus on the puppy muscle relaxers and he seems to be doing better. He has a little spunk back, but still isn't 100%. If he isn't better by Monday, I'm going to have to take him to the vet. Poor little guy....

Went and visited Audrey yesterday on my lunch break. She looks great, is still in pain, but she was doing remarkably well. She is such a precious little girl!

Other than that.... nothing exciting going on. I have a house full of 5 teenage boys. I dare y'all to walk into that bedroom they are in without gagging. It is like testosterone is just permeating in the air when you get that many teenage boys together. As my saying goes.... living in a testosterone zone. Lord, PLEASE bring me a little girl and SOON.

FIVE THINGS I AM THANKFUL FOR:
1. That it is Friday!
2. That my brother is in town and I am going to visit with him, my Mom and Dad tomorrow.
3. That my husband made brownies. My dinner tonight was a brownie and milk. YUMMMM. And nutritious!
4. That God keeps me strong through this oh-so-painful adoption process.
5. That I have 3 cans of air freshener..... Blaine's room is going to need it after tonight!

2 comments:

  1. Don't you hate when your doggies are sick??? I was petting Caedmon and all this hair started coming off. I have been slack about brushing him but he now has this patch on his back that looks sparse - I think I am going to try to get some antibiotics and see how he does. I hope Zeus and all his buddies feel better! Lilly and Caedmon both have allergies and have to take Benadryl year round. I feel your pain!

    Hope the boys room is defunktified! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ((((((((Sharon)))))))))) huge big hugs!!! and 5 teen boys, woman you are crazy!!! But i love ya

    ReplyDelete