Well today started out as a typical day around our household.... running late this morning, but thankfully our carpool kid didn't need a ride, so everything is good... right!? haha think again! I get out of the shower to find a chewed up box of benadryl all over my bedroom floor. Ugh! I had to treat Faith's ears this morning, by state law we have to have our meds locked up... which happens to be at doggy height. So I get her medicine out and forget to shut the lid. I found 2 benadryl wrappers chewed up but all the medicine is in there. So thankfully no harm done. But it was definitely a forewarning to keep the meds locked up a LITTLE better from now on (ok a LOT).
Then we go to leave and Garrett can't find his shoes. Ugh... we are 15 minutes late, he is about to be tardy... and HOW DOES A 13 YEAR OLD LOSE HIS DARNED SHOES? Neither one of us can find them, so he has to wear Blaine's old shoes to school. (btw, they ended up being UNDER the coffee table).
So I get to work and a little after 9 Blaine texts me that he broke up with this "girl". Y'all have NO IDEA how proud I was of him. That took a lot of guts, and I honestly didn't think he had the "kahuna's" to do it. He did and he has been in great spirits all night long. He said he really sees HER now, and doesn't like anything about her. I pray now that he continues to think that way. I know God has a really sweet girl (are there any left these days???) out there for him, and I am so glad he freed himself of this girl and her drama so he can find "the one". Ahhhh... high school romance.
Speaking of high school.... tonight was Garrett's Freshman orientation for next year. (starting a bit early, wouldn't you say?) He wore his Ed Hardy shirt up there and when we were leaving some really cute girl said "hey... I love that shirt". Garrett IMMEDIATELY turned red and mumbled "thanks" to her, totally avoiding eye contact. It was so funny.... He is still scared of girls. I wonder how long that will last? I can not BELIEVE my BABY WILL BE A FRESHMAN in August! I feel sooooooo old! He is going to play football, soccer and stay in drama next year. I am so glad he is staying in drama, he really is good at it. I couldn't convince him to take any Pre-AP classes, but I am going to work on that one.
Speaking of drama, Garrett has a "poetry reading" at the local coffee house this Thursday. I am kind of excited about that. I have such a fear of talking to people I don't know, and speaking in front of people, that I really enjoy watching him do those things. It makes me so proud!
I am so tired... so off to bed.
FIVE THINGS I AM THANKFUL FOR:
1. Blaine's strength and courage to do the right thing and end this relationship with "this girl".
2. Garrett's outgoing personality.
3. My SNA friends that pray for my kids and for me, I really appreciate each and every one of you!
4. Sunrises and sunsets.
5. Living in a country where my kids can pick what courses they want to take based on their personalities, where we can go to Church, where we can speak freely, and where we can worship God.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hooray Blaine!!! and wow on the poetry reading...Sharon your boys are very amazing!!!
ReplyDeletelove your list!
Dont you hate mornings like that? I seem to always have those...That is funny about Garrett turning red, oh, and what is Ed Harty? Is that a brand? I havent heard of that before.
ReplyDeleteMORNINGS - they are my enemy!!! V can get herself up and ready and move quickly every morning EXCEPT the morning I have to be at school by 7:30 for morning duty. I know exactly how you feel!!!
ReplyDeleteI am so proud of your boys - they are awesome! :)