The first thought that comes to mind today is..... being a Mom is a POOPY job. I say this because I spent the afternoon picking up dog poop out of the yard (4 little dogs can poop A LOT over the winter). In doing so, I had much time to reflect lots of things.
I had time to reflect on all the poopy jobs Moms have. Poopy diapers, poopy dogs, poopy toilets, poopy underwear, poopy attitudes, poopy phone calls from the school, poopy grades. The plethera of poop that is being a Mom. I know, I signed on for this job.... and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I am more than glad I am a Mom. Poop and all. :-)
While picking up poop, I reflected on my weekend. I have spent the entire weekend doing back breaking chores. I must say, I feel a bit like Cinderella. This Cinderella has scrubbed showers, scrubbed tubs, scrubbed toilets, picked up poop, swept, mopped, sprayed down the front porch, along with the usual 10 loads of laundry, dishes, cooking..... I TRULY feel like Cinderella. But I have no ball to go to. And I am SURE that handsome man that Cinderella met... yea, I am CERTAIN he could afford a maid and her back breaking work days were over. THIS Cinderella would love a maid.... that is out of the question. Maybe a pedicure, IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK? Or maybe a haircut and color? Yea, THIS Cinderella is feeling sorry for herself.
While I was picking up poo in the yard, I listened to our neighbors backyard birthday party full of little girls. Yea... God has an AWESOME sense of humor doesn't he? So I am listening to these little girls shrieking, squeeling, laughing while they are bouncing in the bounce house. And I just smiled to myself. I had to smile at God's sense of humor. Little girls.... you all know how bad I want a little girl. So my mind wanders to what it would be like to actually HAVE a little girl. I listen to them laughing and playing and it is just music to my ears. I wonder if I will ever be able to experience the joys (and struggles) of raising a little girl. So I smile, imagining what it would be like and continue on with my exciting poo experience.
The whole time I'm doing my poo job, my dogs are sitting in the yard watching. They always have these looks on their faces, and I KNOW if they could bust out laughing, they would. I imagine it being the ultimate "doggy joke"... hey look at my master picking up MY poo! Who's the master now!!!!! I can almost see the delight in their eyes, knowing they will soon have a fresh yard to poo in.
So I finish my last poo job for the weekend. (I hope!) I am still smiling listening to the little girls out back playing and having a good time. And I am so thankful for the job that God has given me as a Mom.... poo, backbreaking chores, no money for a pedicure or haircut and all.
Have you EVER read a blog so full of poop????? :-)
FIVE THINGS I AM THANKFUL FOR:
1. Childrens laughter.... it can cure a broken heart.
2. Pooper scoopers (I just wish I could find one that isn't made for someone 2 foot tall).
3. The storm that is about to blow in.
4. The beautiful spring weather we have had all weekend. My wisteria is already starting to turn green and bud!
5. That God has entrusted me to raise 2 of HIS children. Thank you GOD!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sharon, poop often crops up in my conversations too, although I dont think it has made it into my blog yet. Im sure it will.
ReplyDeleteI have yet to de-poop our yard of dog poop, Im dreading it. Hmmm...maybe I should add that as a chore coming up here soon....
Lilly has taken care of most of our poop-scooping duty, but her method needs some serious work. YUCK! However, I do not miss having to scoop poop. I bet the poop from 2 big dogs (50 lbs. and 70 lbs.) is close to the poop from 4 little dogs! :) LOVE your poop analogy - completely understand. Sometimes mom duties really stink.
ReplyDeleteYour little girl is out there - I KNOW it! I am praying that you will get a phone call soon.
The de-pooping job belongs to my boys (yes I am a mean bad mommy)...I am with ya on the Cinderelly thing (btw that song with the little mice is now stuck in my skull)...as to daughters well lets just say they squeal with laughter and are drama queens at least I was and my daughter is just like me (not sure who is the poor one there, poor child or poor mom LOL)
ReplyDeleteLove your list and your poo filled blog it made me smile!!
hahaha I love my friends that love me enough that I can share my poop duties with them! Mel, I'm glad it made you smile, that is the best compliment!
ReplyDeleteYou will remember that day when you have your own little girl's party!
ReplyDelete