We went to the imaging place today and got confirmation that Garrett's foot IS broken. The Radiologist wanted us to know (normally the Radiologist doesn't say anything other than the Dr. will let you know) because the bone is cracked almost all the way through. One hair more and the bone will be entirley snapped in half. They recommended Garrett not even walk on his "dork shoe" until we talk to the Dr., and that the Dr. might not want to deal with the break, that we might HAVE to see an Ortho. So I will wait to her from the Dr. tomorrow to see what we need to do.
Ugh. I swear this week has been so crazy I don't know what day it is..... oh wait, it is Wednesday. We were supposed to start a new bible study tonight. We didn't get done at the imaging place in time, and I am so bummed about that. The enemy is always at work.....
And..... drumroll please..... I MADE AN APPOINTMENT TO GET MY HAIR CUT. No color, but at least my 80's "do" won't be looking like Shaka Khan after Saturday. :-)
We had some bad storms last night, but everything turned out ok. I know there were many not as fortunate, so I am thankful for the fact that we didn't have any tornadoes or major wind damage. And it SNOWED IN THE DESERT YESTERDAY. What is up with that? Global warming, the end times..... either way, that scares the tar out of me.
We had a HUGE milestone in our household last night. Garrett is a VERY private kid, meaning he doesn't share ANYTHING with me. (unlike Blaine that shares wayyyyyy too much!) Anyways, last night he told me that he likes a girl and who it was. I was so happy that he shared something personal with me. He is a daddy's boy, so it really was a huge milestone for him to discuss feelings and something personal. And today he asked me if he could get her a Valentine's present, and that he wanted to ask her to the dance on Friday. Not sure how he's going to dance with a cast/boot/crutches.... but I am THRILLED that he is sharing info with me, and that he is confident enough to ask a girl to the dance (he has been struggling socially for quite some time now). Now I am just praying that she doesn't hurt his feelings and say no.
I need to get to bed before I go off on a tangent talking about the government and their plans to stimulate the economy by spending more money on government. Unless they are spending money on our youth (the FUTURE leaders of our government), then I am not interested. And the elderly.....
FIVE THINGS I AM THANKFUL FOR:
1. To finally have an answer on Garrett's foot so we can proceed with treatment.
2. For our "milestone" last night.
3. That Blaine has been very pleasant while being grounded indefinitely from his phone, video games, internet and his car. (yea, it's been fun around here!)
4. That I heard the words "you were right Dear, I will never say another word" when I showed Robert the xrays of Gar's foot. (this is the 3rd broken bone we have dealt with between the 2 boys and EVERY time he says "it's ok, you are just being a worry wart, it isn't broken". And all 3 times I insisted we need to have it checked out).
5. That we were spared damage from last nights storm. Praying for those that were affected.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I would say make an appt with an ortho anyway. They are much better at dealing with breaks!
ReplyDeleteSharon you my friend are an inspiration...your transparency never ceases to bless me...
ReplyDeletePraying for the foot and don't worry about the tangent I have one planned later on!!
Thinking of you and your list as always is awesome.