Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Our visit to the ER

Sunday we were at a friends for the Superbowl and they have a lot of land. The boys were playing out in the pasture.... Garrett jumped a ditch and hurt his foot. I thought it would be ok, so I sent him to school Monday. By the time I got home from work, his foot was swollen and numb and he couldn't walk on it. So we spent last night in the ER, had xrays done on his foot. Where he injured his foot is on the growth plate (don't even get me started on that, he is ALREADY in a size 13 mens shoe and he STILL has growing to do!?).... so the xrays don't always pick up a fracture on the growth plate. They put him in a hard soled shoe and we have to go see an orthopedic to see if it is truly broken. May have to have an MRI or Catscan done on his foot and compare it to his other foot to see if it is broken.

Garrett has been "injury free" for almost 2 years.... so I am thankful for that. He was on quite an injury full roll there for a while (broken wrist, sprained back, concussion, calcified hematoma in his "private area" from a bicycle injury all within a years' time). So I am VERY APPRECIATIVE of the break he has had thus far (no pun intended!).

And I am taking Faith to the vet today. She has really bad ears and they have gotten worse over the last few days and she is in miserable pain.

So Garrett and I are home today. Garrett has his foot propped up, he is on the couch watching movies taking FULL advantage of Mom waiting on him hand and foot (literally).

This is proving to be an expensive, CRAZY week!

FIVE THINGS I AM THANKFUL FOR:
1. A day at home with my Pookie (too bad he had to get hurt for us to have one)
2. Getting 2 adoption profiles to look at (the first since we got this CW in DECEMBER... but I had to email her and politely remind her that we hadn't received anything from her)
3. CPS CW's that acknowlege our existance. I submitted on 2 girls through the state website, sent our homestudy and she actually emailed back that she was reviewing our study. That's a first! Normally we don't hear a word back from them
4. A fun Superbowl get together with friends we haven't seen in ages
5. Tylenol pm. Haven't been sleeping at night, I took some last night and ONLY got up 4 times n the middle of the night

2 comments:

  1. Poor Garrett and poor Faith. Hurray on the profiles and the acknowledgements from CW's, that is huge. Oh, Tylenol PM and I have had an off again on again fling for quite some time! Tell Garrett I hope his foot heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope both Garrett and Faith are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete