Sunday, February 15, 2009

Faith

Faith is the rescue we've had the longest. We had gone to Tyler to see my Grandparents in the nursing home. When we got there, it was after lunch and my Pappaw was resting, so we had some time to waste before we could go see him. We went to a store, and next door they had an animal adoption going on. The boys wanted to go look, so we did. They had this litter of 6 puppies that were the cutest things ever. They were Chihuahua mixes, and every one of them looked like a mini version of the Chihuahua mix I had growing up. I fell in LOVE. I asked Robert if we could get one, my dog of 13 years had just passed away a few months before that. He of course said no.

So we went and visited my Grandparents and I silently pouted the whole time. Noone knew but Robert. So when we left, he drove over to the pet place. Said if there were any left, he "guessed" we could get one. They were wrapping up the adoption so I frantically ran over there to see if there were any puppies left. There was ONE. We went through the quick adoption process, were accepted, and I left with my teeny tiny Chihuahua mix puppy. Went straigt to the Pet store and bought her all the goodies, rhinestone collar, puppy food, piddle pads.

I thought we were going to get divorced over this dog. Robert HATED her. He didn't talk to me for a week after we got her. And everytime I looked at her, I just cried because I loved her so much.

Now, 5 years later... she is ROBERT'S GIRL. She is the most spoiled, high maintenance, neurotic dog I have ever seen. Her ears are high maintenance, her allergies are high maintenance. She trims her own claws. She scratches at you when she wants something. If she is out of water, she pushes the water bowl across the floor until you notice. She bangs the blinds on the door when she wants to go out and will keep doing it harder and harder until you get up. She is the Queen Bee around here. She is really smart, and full of bossy personality.

I don't have any puppy pics of her, because our hard drive crashed a while back and I lost all my pics. But here are some pics of her..
The earliest pic I have of her...


Faith and her Master...

And another... she can do no wrong in her Daddy's eyes.

2 comments:

  1. What a rotten spoiled girl! :) Haha! Caedmon is a total mommy's boy so I can sympathize with Robert and Faith. He won't eat dinner when I have to go to class until I get home and love on him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats the dog of yours that I covet the most! She reminds me of a westie, which I love. What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete