Are you proud of me, I remembered what day it is! :-)
Talked to the Dr. today and he said that Garrett's foot should be cast or put in a boot. My Mother (God love her) has broken her ankles a total of 4 times (I think it is 4) and has a plethora of boots. She just happened to bring me 2 of her boots yesterday. We tried it on for size and it fit. So we are booting Garrett's foot. He is in the boot for 6 weeks. I haven't told him yet how long.... because you see, that runs into soccer season. He is going to be devastated. I haven't removed him from the team, because he wants to play so bad. If all goes well, he can play 2 or 3 weeks into the season so he should still get in a few games. But I guess we will see how the foot heals and go from there.
I finally got everyone's Valentines stuff done. Went to 4 different stores today to get stuff for the girl that Garrett wants to get a Valentine's for. God love him, he is so clueless.... he gets that from his Daddy. haha He wanted to get her something but had no idea what, what color, what size, what anything..... so we went with a Teddy bear, holding a bag of chocolates and a rose.
Got progress reports today and both boys are passing. So Blaine is ungrounded from video games, I haven't seen him all night. I will let it slide tonight, I know he is going through video game withdrawal. Now he gets to earn back his car and his phone.
Blaine is volunteering for Habitat for Humanity on Saturday. I don't like much about the football program here in Royse City. But one thing I DO approve of is the Head Coach's approach to community involvement. The football team is working Saturday helping build a home here in Royse City. I think it is AWESOME to keep the kids active in the community, helping one another, and sets an awesome example for the guys. They have volunteered at the Kindergarten gingerbread house night, they have volunteered to "spot" for the weight training team, and now the Habitat for Humanity. I think it is truly awesome that he has the kids out, being active and teaching them to give of themselves. A lesson that all teenagers need to learn.
And while I was out shopping today, I bought myself my Valentine's day present. If I don't do it noone will! I saw this purse at TJ Maxx last week and FELL IN LOVE.... it was way more than I normally spend on a purse. And I have a real hard time buying myself ANYTHING... I feel guilty when I actually do buy myself something. But today I put that purse on my arm, paid for it, and walked out of the store like a little kid leaving a candy store. I didn't even wait to get home to switch out purses... I did it at work! I showed it to Robert and his response was "so I'm off the hook for Valentine's day?" ugh.... that's my romantic, thoughtful, sweetheart! :-)
The week is coming to a close and I am so glad. I sure could use a "sleep late day" Saturday!
FIVE THINGS I AM THANKFUL FOR:
1. That Garrett didn't need surgery on his foot.
2. That Robert grilled steaks for dinner tonight.
3. That my boys both have good grades.
4. For the beautiful day we had today. The weather was perfect, sun was shining.... one of those days where it was definitely too pretty to be at work!
5. For God's grace....... I sure don't deserve it most days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You my friend always have the best lists..i am thankful about the foot although bummed about the soccer thing!!
ReplyDeletethinking and praying for you and good for you on the purse thing.
Must see a picture of that purse!
ReplyDeleteThank you God about G's foot! Now to get down to some healing.
Yay for B's vidga-games ;) Will you sneak some pictures of him volunteering for Habitat For Humanity? That girl is gonna love the bear. I swooned for that junk way back when.
You are a great Momma!