Thursday, February 5, 2009

Update on Garrett

Well finally heard back from his Pediatrician today, and he wants to see Garrett asap. He said that his foot should be better (as far as the swelling and numbness) by now, so he is concerned that it is broken. So we are going in tomorrow for more xrays.

This has been a tough week. I totally feel like the devil is attacking me, and he knows how to get to me..... through my kids, through finances, he is just working on my last nerve. And he IS NOT going to win.

Next week the boys and I are starting a new bible study on Wednesday. I am really looking forward to that.

We got another foster call last night, for a 2 day old infant boy, cocaine positive at birth. But CPS placed him with another family in Dallas Co. At least we got a call. And now that I think about it... I am glad we weren't selected (as awful as that sounds). The withdrawals, getting up every 2-4 hours and still having to work full time, finding daycare to keep a newborn... not to mention everything I have is PINK! I would have done it GLADLY but know there is a reason we weren't selected.

FIVE THINGS I AM THANKFUL FOR:
1. Co-workers that make me laugh so hard I cry for 30 minutes. I needed that today.
2. Bible study and prayer warriors.
3. That Robert cooked dinner tonight.
4. That I slept all night last night for the first time in months.
5. My boys... raising teenagers is definitely a challenge, but there are so many good times, silly times, times where I see true happiness in their eyes.

2 comments:

  1. Sharon know that i am praying for you guys...i know i haven't been around very much but you and your walk are always on my heart!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you got some sleep! I pray that that phone rings again soon with another placement :)

    ReplyDelete