About a month ago, Garrett informed us that when he was in high school he wanted to:
Play soccer
Play football
Run track
Play basketball
AND stay in drama
As a Mom (aka TAXI DRIVER), I just sat there and smiled. I love that my little guy has some ambition (well he is 6' tall now, so he isn't so little). But the selfish part of me said "how in the world... I won't be able to keep up!"
So to help with those things in high school, we have to get started now to get him in full blown sports mode. Now that Garrett has broken his foot, most of those things have come to a halt.
Basketball season is over. He is still in drama. He went to his first soccer practice tonight. He can't play or practice, and is going to miss 2 games before he can play (if his foot heals properly). So he is still going to practice and helping the Coach. He is also helping the school Coaches after school with track.
So now Garrett has been dubbed "Garrett the gopher" in our household. :-) I guess he IS getting too old to be called "Gar Bear" anymore.... so Garrett the gopher is his new name!
FIVE THINGS I AM THANKFUL FOR:
1. The ability to keep my kids busy.
2. That Robert made dinner tonight while I was at practice.
3. That I have friends that "get" me, even as cooky as I am...
4. That spring is fast approaching. I am ready to start planting flowers!
5. That (knock on wood), it has been somewhat quiet at work so I can get caught up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment