Saturday, February 14, 2009

Loved ones....

Since today is Valentine's Day, I thought I'd blog a bit on Love and those we love.

I have learned in life, that people come and go. People you love leave. People you love pass away. People you love grow apart from you. People you love stay as long as they can. Or as long as they are allowed. Whatever the reason may be. I have had people come in to my life that I loved dearly, to be taken away. Whether it be the loss of a loved one who has moved on to God's Paradise... or whether life just takes them away, to a new location, in a new direction in life.

Everyone that comes into your life has been put there for a reason. I truly believe this. Some stay a while. Some stay a short time. No matter the length of time, they make an impression just the same.

I have many people in my life that I love. God has blessed me with wonderful family, wonderful friends, and I am so thankful. It is always hard to say goodbye to the ones that have to leave. There are many people that I miss. There are many days that I remember them. There are certain people that I remember every day. There are days I can see why they were put into my life. There are days I wonder why they had to leave.

So in celebration of Valentine's Day, I wanted to pay tribute to all those I love and all those I have loved. We never know what may call them away... a new job, a new life somewhere else, a special spot reserved for them in God's Paradise... Whatever the reason. So I ask that you take time each and every day to show the people you love just how much you love them. You never know what tomorrow may hold.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart".--Helen Keller

"Love is something eternal; the aspect may change, but not the essense."
--Vincent van Gogh

"Love doesn't make the world go round, love is what makes the ride worthwhile."
--Elizabeth Browning

"Dance like no one is watching, love like you'll never be hurt,sing like no one is listening,and live like it's heaven on earth."- William Purkey

3 comments: